Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

Okay, maybe it’s not so wonderful, but at least it means the week’s half over.

I think I’ve pointed this out before, but I live in a small town, and I’m unemployed, which is why sometimes I really have to stretch for something to post about. ;-)

Yesterday I took the daughter for her dress fitting and then ran a bunch of errands, returning home around lunch time. Being the couch potato I am, I had my lunch in front of the television, where I caught the tail end of one of the cheesiest movies I’ve ever seen: The Robot Vs. the Mummy.

Oh. my. We had the Mummy, who looked more like a cave man. We had the Mummy’s reincarnated mate who tended to go sleep walking at the drop of a hat. And we had a mad scientist (complete with evil cackle and black cape) who built a “human robot”, which was basically a man in a tin suit. The climax of the movie was the fight between the Mummy and the Robot. The Robot looked to be winning, until the mad scientist dropped the remote control and the Mummy ripped the arms off the Robot and beat him to death with them. Then the reincarnated mate gave the Mummy a jeweled breastplate and the Mummy toddled off to parts unknown.

They just don’t make movies like that any more.

And in the continuing saga of my freaky cats . . . Panda has expanded her thievery. Last night she picked up my glasses (damn lightweight frames) and ran off with them. I am still looking for them.

If you’re in need of a chuckle, check out my Writing Blog where there’s a cute post about 13 reasons why Werecats are better than Weredogs, and the Weredogs rebuttal.

2 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

Robots movie sounds perfect for when we are in a campy-movie mood. I swear one of these days we will watch "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes".

Carol, the cat slave said...

I've seen "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" and this one was much worse! :-)