Friday, April 24, 2009

Fabulous Friday

ATTENTION! ATTENTION PLEASE! !

I have a special announcement to make.

Drum roll please!

I am pleased to announce that starting May 4, the government of Canada is paying for me to go back to school. ‘Cause let’s face it, while I’ve enjoyed my time off, the bills are kind of piling up and my skills are too outdated to find a job in my field. Yesterday I drove to the city to sign all the papers and a cheque is winging its way to the college of my choice so they’ll hold my spot.

The good news is, I’ll finally have something else to post about here besides my cats. The bad news is, holy crap I’m going back to school! At my age!

* * * * * * * * * *

As I said, I had to drive into the city to seal the deal and I had to drive by Chapters twice. Actually, I only drove by it once. The second time I pulled in because I promised BFF I check for a book I’d told her about. One hour and two Chapters helpers later, they still couldn’t find the single copy they had left. However, I was able to find the newest Charles de Lint book and a new one by Kerrelyn Sparks.

* * * * * * * * * *

You know, after looking at that picture of how nice my office once looked (you can just click on the picture to see a larger version), I’ve decided that Saturday morning my first job is going to be to give it a good shovelling out.

That nice, wide bookcase the cats are sitting on needs to be shaved of its cat hair and the books put in some semblance of order. My fantasy and science fiction collection (all hard backs in another huge bookcase in our upstairs hallway) are alphabetized (well, mostly) so I think that’s what I’m going to do with the romance novels on the bookcase in my office. I was trying to keep them separated by category, but that’s just not working out.

And then my next big project will be to catalogue them. I’ve half-heartedly attempted this a couple of times, but this time I mean business. I’m seriously thinking of looking into a barcode scanner - I have a lot of books.

4 comments:

graceunderpressure said...

schoolgirl! Hubby's cousin is also about to go back to school. I R jealous... :( But just finished fantastic week of training in T.O.

Carol, the cat slave said...

hey Nance! Glad you had fun in the big city!

Jewel Allen said...

Congratulations, Firecat!! That is awesome.

Jewel Allen said...

PS

*at my age*

You are an inspiration. You are making your dreams happen, and that is so important at ANY age.