Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another Good Idea Shot to . . .

I’ll let you fill in the blank.

Yesterday I had a great idea for a bonus post. The Underpants Gnomes.

The Underpants Gnomes were featured on an episode of South Park where they plagued one of the kids by constantly stealing his underpants. If you haven’t seen the episode, you’ll just have to trust me on how funny it was.

Now, what gave me the idea for the post was the token female cat in our house, Panda. Her actual name is Pandora, because of her intense curiosity, but the husband likes to call her Pantaloons.

Panda is my own, personal, underpants gnome. She likes to steal my underpants. Specifically, pink ones. She’ll also steal my pink t-shirts, and in a pinch purple ones will do. Last night I heard her howling away upstairs, which usually means she’s dragging off an article of clothing, and the next thing I know she’s flying down the stairs with a pair of my underpants!

*sigh* I have got to get a laundry hamper with a lid on it. Although her preferred object of theft is my underwear, she’s also been known to drag off red or pink towels and blankets. She once dragged a red throw from the basement all the way up the stairs. And she’s not a big cat!

Anyway, I thought I’d look up the Underpants Gnomes on YouTube, but for once YouTube let me down. All I could find is the song, not a clip from the actual episode. However, whilst doing a Google search for a better clip, I came across the Comedy Network website. If you’re in Canada, you can watch the entire episode HERE

And if you’re not in Canada you can at least listen to the song below.

No comments: