Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wednesdays

Yes, I know this is Thursday, but I already did a post for Wednesday and now this is the next day. Does that make any sense at all?

*shrugs* Oh, well. This is my blog. It doesn’t need to make sense.

Now, where was I? Oh, right. Wednesdays.

I like Wednesdays. This week it crept up on me pretty quickly, which made it even better. The week is half over. Only a couple more days to the weekend. And as a bonus, in the evening I get to watch America’s Next Top Model and LOST.

ANTM isn’t as good as previous incarnations. The girls are a little on the nasty side - very mean spirited. And none of them really stand out. Usually by this time I have a couple of favorites picked out but this time I really couldn’t care less who wins.

LOST, however, has certainly made up for it. Just when I think I’m getting a handle on things, it comes up with a new twist. It’s fascinating the way the characters who went back in time have been integrated into the past, and the way things play out that we know will have an impact on the future.

Just thought I’d get that out of the way.

Had to get up early, and we’re talking EARLY, this morning to take the daughter to Peterborough for a doctor’s appointment. The earliness of the hour had nothing to do with the fact that I took her to the wrong clinic first, it had more to do with the fact that there’s two clinics with the same name.

Fortunately, the right clinic wasn’t too far away, but it did cost us six dollars before they’d let us out of the parking lot again. Neither of us were very impressed with that. Nor was I impressed with the stupid change machine that paid me twenty loonies for my twenty dollar bill.

By the time we were done we were in serious need of caffeine, so we stopped at Starbucks on the way out of town. And you know what that means. That’s right, my friends, a trip to Starbucks means a trip to Chapters. I restrained myself and only spent $60.00, and that included a book for the daughter.

Muwahahahaha! The daughter is slipping over to the dark side. She actually bought a romance book! One of these days I’ll sneak her a paranormal romance and she’ll be hooked before she knows it.

Hey, fair’s fair! She did, after all, hook me on NCIS!

No comments: