Friday, April 17, 2009

There’s That Road Again

You know what road I’m talking about. The one that’s paved with good intentions.

After getting up early yesterday to take the daughter to Peterborough and suffering no ill effects, I thought now would be the perfect time to start getting to bed a little earlier so I could start getting up earlier (or should I say getting up at a normal time?) and maybe even start going for a walk in the morning.

However, despite the fact that I’ve been taking the pharmacist recommended medication on a more or less regular basis, just before I shut down the lap top to go to bed my sinuses started to fill up and I started coughing. And coughing, and coughing, and coughing. I took another cold pill and started sucking back the Halls. And still I coughed.

I coughed for almost two hours before I broke down and took an Actifed (along with another cough candy). Eventually the coughing eased up enough that I could go to bed.

Needless to say, I did not get up early, nor did I go for a walk this morning. Instead I’m tired and dragged out and don’t have the energy for much of anything. Maybe I’ll go have a nap and try this day all over again.


So while I'm napping, check out THIS LINK It's a YouTube video of a segment from Britain's Got Talent where Susan Boyle sings I Dreamed A Dream. Even if you've already seen it, it's worth seeing again.

No comments: