Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Done!

I am so done with Winter it’s not even funny. And it certainly wasn’t funny when, after hanging up my winter coat in the closet and putting my spring one on the hook in the hallway, I had to clean off my car. Nor was it funny to watch the snow falling all day, to the point where I’ll have to clean off the car again if I want to go anywhere again.

I’ve checked with the weather channel and it’s supposed to clear up on Thursday and stay nice for Easter weekend. I guess that’s something, anyway.

* * * * * * * * * *

My application to go back to school with all it’s accompanying forms, letters, and extra “stuff” has been signed and sealed, soon to be delivered. It’s out of my hands and sometime this week it will be out of my counselor’s hands. Then it will be up to the government whether or not I go back to school for upgrading so I can get a real job, or if I’ll be stuck at minimum wage for the rest of my life. I’ve heard they’re usually pretty quick on the decision making, so I’ll probably hear by the end of next week.

* * * * * * * * * *

Check out the time stamp on this post. Yup, I’m up pretty late typing this, but there’s a reason for it. Monday night I went to bed early because I had the appointment with my counselor the following morning. Only the minute my head hit the pillow I started coughing. And coughing and coughing and . . . coughing.

So tonight I’ve taken an Actifed and now I’m sucking on a Halls, and between the two I’m hoping that when I lay my head down in a little while I’ll actually be able to sleep.

I’ll let you know if it works.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

almost time to lay off the cough syrup, hehehe..
at least min wage is 9.50! ;)