Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shoot Me Now, Avoid the Rush

New rule. I am not allowed to have more than one cup of coffee between meals.

It occurred to me that I didn’t have a nifty little profile picture on my writing blog, so I decided to remedy that. Only the picture I wanted to use was on my handy, dandy, little thumb drive and I just about gave myself a heart attack when I couldn’t find my thumb drive. It’s usually on the little table beside my recliner, but it appeared to have vanished.

I checked under the table, I checked around the table, I checked in and around my recliner, I checked the knitting bag beside the recliner, I cleaned off and checked the table on the other side of the recliner. Starting to hyperventilate now.

I checked the desk in my office. I checked the drawers of the desk and under the desk. I check the bag I bought to keep my lap top stuff in. Starting to freak out a little. Eyed the vacuum cleaner. Thumb drives are small, could I have unwittingly sucked it up the last time I vacuumed?

Deep breath. Where was I the last time I used it? Hmmm. I spent a few days set up on the dining table . . . could it be amongst the notebooks and placemats? Eureka! I found it!

Then it took me another half an hour to remember where I go to upload the picture into my profile. *slaps head* D’oh! I totally blame the caffeine.

And just because I can, I’m posting a picture of my freaky cat herd. The book cases they’re sitting on are in my office, and that’s pretty much the view I get from my desk. Only picture twice as many books now. Also, Panda (on the far right) is much thinner, and the two on the left side of the long bookcase are much bigger. Taz (the fluffy one) and Dante (the one next to Panda) are pretty much the same.




edited to add: I just read a short piece in First magazine that states that caffeine raises your risk of experiencing illusions. Maybe I just imagined I couldn’t find my thumb drive.

edited again to add: Remember how I posted about how the cover on the pool had come off during the winter? Well the weekend we did all the yard work, the husband and I managed to get the cover back on. I just glanced out the back window and we have a pair of mallard ducks swimming around in the water on top of the cover. And there’s a squirrel that’s getting ticked off at them because every time he tries to sneak up to the edge of the tarp to get a drink they come over to shoo him away.

And no, I haven’t been drinking any more coffee! :-)

No comments: