Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits

I broke down and bought a new router on the weekend. I even took it out of its box yesterday. And that’s as far as I’ve got with it so far. Yes, I know, Chippy. I’m pathetic. I promise I’ll get to it later . . .

* * * * * * * * * *

I fell behind in my poetry challenge, and only managed to write one of the poems on Sunday before I got distracted by a very interesting program about the prophecies of Nostradamus. Rather than going on for pages about it, I’ll give you this LINK Which more or less sums up the whole program.

Yesterday was a grey, miserable day, but I eschewed my beloved games and got caught up on the poetry. When I needed a break from writing I pulled out a book and read for a few minutes instead. All in all, I felt like it was a very productive day.

* * * * * * * * * *

The male cats of the house are all a little, shall we say, portly, so we recently switched them to a low calorie cat food. Everything was fine at first, but lately Panda has decided since she really doesn’t need to lose weight, she should get extra kitty treats to make up the lost calories. She’s laid siege to the kitchen and anyone who dares to enter had better be prepared to feed her.

Now, two of the boys have kidney problems, so we have to buy special cat food from the vet for them and because it’s impossible to separate them at feeding time, everyone gets the same food. I do keep a small bag of regular cat food on hand for emergencies (like when it’s Sunday and I’m out of cat food and the vet’s office is closed), so I started giving Panda a handful of this every time she bugged me for a treat.

It fooled her for a while, but then she caught on and now she’s back to holding out for treats.

I think I may need a warning sign for the kitchen.

2 comments:

graceunderpressure said...

Have fun with that! :D

Carol, the cat slave said...

LOL Thanks Nance!

How're the rewrites coming?