Monday, March 2, 2009

Fourteen to Go

Yes, that’s right. I only have fourteen squares to go on the daughter’s afghan and then all that’s left is sewing four rows and the finishing. And a lovely afghan it’s going to be, if I do say so myself. I’ll have to get her to take a picture of it when it’s finished because, yeah, my camera is still broken, and it looks like it’s going to be staying that way. I suspect that what’s wrong with it is not something that can be fixed and I’m a long way away from being able to buy a new one.

Anyway, I crocheted like a mofo last night and churned out 52 squares. All the same colour, boring, but this much closer to being done. It helped that the daughter was over to watch Gilmore Girls.

Even after she left I kept crocheting, right through Eureka and the Mummy Returns. Then I gave myself a break to play a game on the lap top, but since I dozed off in the middle of it, I gave up and went to bed.

I should be finished the afghan by the middle of the week. Which means, what do I do next? Write you say? Pshaw! That makes too much sense. Besides, I’m still working on my writing mojo. It’s coming, but it’s taking its own sweet time about it.

So, I’m thinking that I might start just a random afghan using the odds and ends left over from the last two I’ve made. Both incorporated shades of brown, so the colours will work well together. This, of course, is dependent on there being something worth watching on television to do my crocheting in front of.

Wow, a whole post about crocheting. Can it get more mundane than this?

Well, do you really want to hear about the kids making the final move into their own apartment or how I spent the better part of yesterday cleaning house and then sacrificing one of my No Frills turkeys in the name of supper?

Didn’t think so.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

you could post about sewing them together...