Friday, March 13, 2009

Fifty-Seven

That’s how many books were in the massive sac ‘o books BFF dropped off on Wednesday. FIFTY-SEVEN! And it was a nice assortment of romance too, not all historicals (which BFF favors). I like the occasional historical, but not a steady diet of them, like some people I could name. ;-)

I took my haul into my home office and looked around and thought: damn, I have a lot of books! I either need another bookcase (which means I won’t have room for a comfy chair to sit in) or I need to start letting go of some books.

Meh, sitting’s over-rated. I can just go across the hall and sit on the futon if I really want some place soft to read. Right?

* * * * * * * * * *

Two bright, shiny days in a row. Just enough to give me a little boost of energy. Enough energy to open the door to the craft closet. Yikes! What a mess. Where did all this wool come from? I have enough wool left over from the daughter’s afghan and the one I did for my Aunt to make another afghan. Somewhere I have a pattern for a ripple crochet that uses the same technique that’s used in a granny square, only do you think I can find it? Of course not.

I found pages and pages of snowflake patterns - you know, the ones that use crochet cotton (which is just one step up from sewing thread). I don’t know what possessed me to copy all these patterns, especially the three dimensional ones. Found two really cute santa faces I crocheted about two years ago, but no pattern for them either. Can’t even find one on-line and trust me. I’ve looked.

So I've spent a productive morning consolidating my bags of wool, cleaning out tote bags with various half-finished projects, and organizing my knitting needles and crochet hooks. This afternoon I’m going to pick apart two unknown, partially crocheted projects that were started with a textured wool and never finished and use the wool to knit throws. If there’s enough. If not, then I guess it will be shawls.

2 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

I'm afraid to open my junk closet. It's like a horror story waiting to happen. :-P

Have fun reading all those books.

Unknown said...

Glad I could add to your reading library... :-)