Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Haphazard Hump Day

Okay, I have to admit it. I’m cold.

Anyone who knows me will be shocked by that statement. I am “She-of-the-perpetually-too-warm”.

The crazy part is, it’s been sunny the last few days so you’d think it would warm up the house, but it doesn’t. I’m cold and I have the slippers and fleece vest to prove it.

Maybe it’s just because with it being sunny out I figure it should be warmer than it is. But minus four is not warm, not even in my books.

I have relocated from my chair in the living room to the dining room table with it’s eight foot wide deck doors with the southern exposure. It’s only slightly warmer than the living room, but infinitely warmer than my office, which has a northern exposure and could double as a freezer right now.

It’s supposed to go up to plus one today. And checking the weather network I see that by the end of the week it’s supposed to be plus eleven and we’re expecting rain all weekend. Seriously?

I think the weather is f-ed up.

* * * * * * * * * *

Went for coffee with a friend yesterday morning. This was doubly nice because it was one of my writing friends. She’s been having a tough go lately and has been trying to get back into her writing, so it was good to share some ideas.

She’s been having problems with the person she uses for editing - the woman’s had health issues and lives about 45 minutes away so the transportation factor is another issue - and she asked if things didn’t work out with her current editor would I be interested in the job. Of course I would! She doesn’t even have to pay me.

* * * * * * * * * *

Two more long rows to sew on the afghan and it’s just the border that needs to be done. I should be finished by the end of the week.

Just in time for the weather to warm up! :-)

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

It's getting warmer, it IS! :D