Monday, March 23, 2009

Finishing Weekend

You know, last night I thought of the perfect post for today, but I was busy doing other things so I didn’t jot it down. And guess what. I can’t remember the slightest thing about it now.

* * * * * * * * * *

I was in Wal Mart to pick up a new cartridge for my ink jet printer yesterday and I just “happened” to wander through their housewares department on my way to the check out. My wandering just “happened” to take me through the coffee maker aisle and sitting right there on the shelf was the space aged coffee maker that matched my space aged toaster. Tempting, so tempting, but a little out of my price range. However, when I mentioned it to the husband later he hemmed and hawed a bit and then suggested we split the cost. Maybe next week. :-)

* * * * * * * * * *

Got a lot of odds & ends done this weekend. Finished up the family’s taxes . . . that’s always a relief. Although to be honest, I use the Quick Tax program and it’s pretty idiot proof. You just plug in the numbers in the right spot and the program does the rest.

I also got a bunch of bowling certificates printed out (hence the need for the new cartridge for the ink jet printer). The Bowler’s Association has switched the certificates from heavy paper to card stock and my laser printer, which does such an awesome job of printing, doesn’t like it. I even tried using the side feed but it still kicked up a fuss. Fortunately, the ink jet printer isn’t as fussy.

* * * * * * * * * *

That nagging cough I still have from the major bug I had over Christmas is still hanging in there. Some days it’s worse than others, but I think it’s due more to my sinuses than anything else. I notice if I take sinus medicine the cough goes away.

Good thing I have extra - the husband’s picked up the cough too. Guess I’d better pick up some more Benelyn One All-in-One. That stuff works wonders!

No comments: