Monday, March 9, 2009

Wondering Weekend

It was a wondering weekend ‘cause I’m wondering what exactly I did with my time.

Friday we had the kids over for club sandwiches (a traditional turkey leftover meal in our house) and I made a few salads up. Saturday was grocery shopping and the husband and I used a gift certificate we got at Christmas for Swiss Chalet for supper. Sunday I printed out more wedding invitations for the daughter and started on my paperwork to go back to school.

There it is. My weekend in three sentences.

* * * * * * * * * *

Anybody else out there have cats? Have they been acting weird lately?

I don’t know how much of it is they’re just freaked out because the daughter’s cats aren’t here any more and how much of it is the change of weather. But the cats have all been acting uber weird.

Panda, our token female cat, has laid siege to the kitchen in hopes of kitty treats. You can’t move in the kitchen without her under your feet. Makes it really hard to get meals ready and although she likes her kitty treats she’s not usually this aggressive about it.

Her evening behavior has changed too. Normally she doesn’t hang around with us at night, but the last couple of nights she's alternated from the foot of my recliner to a plaid blanket on the couch. Last night Dante was a little put out to discover his mommy in his favorite spot (my recliner) so he made do with the blanket. Later, when Panda wanted to switch, he refused. She stood over him, washing his head vigorously, but he refused to budge so she came back to my chair. Atta boy Dante!

* * * * * * * * * *
Really not impressed with the weather we’ve been having. Yes, it warmed up quite a bit, but it was also grey and miserable for the most part. The sun was too little, too late as far as I’m concerned. Then last night the wind started up and today is a hodge podge - sometimes windy, sometimes calm, it’s wet and cloudy, scattered hints of snow with the sun intermittently shining.

Okay, now that was a flash of beauty. I’m sitting at the dining room table looking out through our deck doors. The sun lit up the landscape for a few seconds and it was breathtaking. The bare branches of the trees are thick with drops of water, which reflected the light like glass.

I really have to get my camera fixed!

* * * * * * * * * *
Friday I started something new with my writing blog, Creative Fridays. Each Friday I’m posting something original, an excerpt from a work in progress, a story, a poem . . . If you haven’t done so already, check it out and leave a comment to let me know what you think.

No comments: