Friday, March 20, 2009

Odds 'N Ends

The husband and I went to Peterborough yesterday to buy out the lease on my car. Yippee skippy! Five more years of car payments and it’s all mine! LOL

It's been beautiful weather for the spring break. The roads were clear, although I could still see snow in the deep woods we passed. I’m telling you, if we get another snow storm at this stage, I will be crushed.

* * * * * * * * * *

This has been a weird week. I kept losing track of the days for some reason. Tuesday I started making a ham for supper and ten minutes into it I realized that it was Tuesday, which means we have to have supper early because the husband has bowling. So I quickly cobbled together a supper that would be done in time for the husband to eat before he had to leave, but my mouth was set for ham (which we had the next night).

Then Wednesday I almost forgot it was Wednesday. The first half of the day I kept thinking it was Tuesday, and the other half I thought it was Thursday. I almost missed LOST and that really would have been a disaster. There’s so much going on that if you miss one episode you really will be LOST.

* * * * * * * * * *

Panda, our female cat, has learned how to open the cupboard door where I keep the kitty treats. The first time I caught her I thought I’d just left the bag of treats on the counter. She was up on the counter with her face stuck in the bag, merrily chomping away.

The second time I heard a noise in the kitchen and there she is, up on the counter again, the cupboard door open and the bag laying on its side on the counter, treats spilling out everywhere. The boys were milling around down below, waiting for her to knock some her way.

I used to keep the bag on the counter, but she’d jump up and rip the bag open. So then I started keeping it in the cupboard, but it looks like I’ll have to find a new hiding spot. Either that or a non-breakable container to keep them in.

* * * * * * * * * *

Have you ever seen something that tickles your funny bone but you can’t explain why? Mine is the MacDonald’s commercials for those stupid little hockey helmets. You know, the one where the little miniature Russian hockey player goes: “I am hockey star, I have my own car . . .” Makes me chuckle every time.

So then the husband explained why that line was significant. When these players were in the Russian league they didn’t get the same kind of money, they were playing for the State. When the Soviet Union broke up, they were able to come over here and play for the big bucks, which meant they could afford to have their own cars.

Meh, it still makes me laugh.

2 comments:

graceunderpressure said...

search youtube for simon's cat wants in... it explains a LOT about cats..

Jewel Allen said...

I wished someone a "great weekend" last Tuesday. My brain was apparently in Friday mode.