Monday, March 16, 2009

Appliance Angst

This starts with a trip to the grocery store. Yes, this will be a bit of a ramble so if you want to pause a moment to get a fresh cup of coffee, it’s okay. I’ll wait.

*

*

*

*

*

Ready? Okay. I bought a new toaster when I went grocery shopping this weekend. I probably didn’t need a new toaster, but there’s been a lot of complaints about the toasting quality of the old one. It had two settings, stale bread or burnt to a crisp. And No Frills just happened to have a big stack of shiny new toasters piled up in their produce department.

So, attracted as I am by shiny things and bargains (nothing beats a shiny bargain) I bought one. This is no ordinary toaster, my friends. It’s a digital toaster. It has a power switch and electronic settings. Very futuristic.

And honestly, the fact that it came in black (to match my larger appliances) did nothing to sway my decision.

And the urge to replace the tea kettle, coffee maker and can opener is purely coincidental.

2 comments:

graceunderpressure said...

ooo, shiny black bargains beat shiny bargains any day!

Carol, the cat slave said...

It toasts really fast, too! :-)