Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Crap & Kitty Litter

The title says is all. I feel like crap.

I’ve got the cold/flu back again, not that it ever really left. The cough is getting worse, the sinuses are filling up, and throat is sore. Good thing I’ve got a doctor’s appointment this afternoon. If she doesn’t do something to help me, I’ll just cough all over her.

My productivity has tanked, mainly because I feel like crap. Yesterday’s accomplishments were cleaning the kitty litter and knitting on the blanket. But I’m happy to report that the kitty litter was not as onerous a duty as it usually is because I’ve switched brands again.

When the daughter’s cats were here, I started buying the kitty litter in the big boxes (to save money). I noticed it wasn’t clumping the way it used to. I just figured it was because of the extra cats, but no, it was because they put corn starch in the big box.

Yes, that’s right. Corn starch, which is supposed to keep down the dust and the smell when you have multiple cats. It does keep down the dust, but the smell? Not so much. And the litter seems to lose it’s clumping ability.

So, last time I grocery shopped I bought the slightly more expensive bucket ‘o kitty litter, which does not have corn starch. I changed the pans completely and lo and behold, we’ve got clumping again. Which is the whole point of the scoopable kitty litter.

Aren’t you glad you clicked on this? :-)

No comments: