Thursday, May 14, 2009

One of Those Days

Yesterday was another one of those days. I woke up with a bit of a headache and things went downhill from there.

I don’t feel that I accomplished much, other than updating my blogs, which I did first thing in the morning. After that I read other people’s updates and then decided that since I couldn’t concentrate anyway, I might as well run some errands.

First stop was the dollar store, where I hoped to find one of those little date books so I could keep track of things I’ve committed to (like driving the daughter somewhere, meeting a friend, etc.). I didn’t find a date book, but I did find five dollars worth of other . . . stuff.

Next I went to Wal Mart to buy a new bookcase, only Wal Mart didn’t have the one I wanted. They had the right size, but in the wrong colour. So then I went to Zellers who had my book case in the right colour, but wanted thirty-four dollars more for it. *sigh* Zero for two.

By this time my headache was starting to develop into a migraine, so I went home and had some lunch and then, because I couldn’t concentrate on my writing, I tried having a nap. It didn’t help. I did some work on my blogs, removing a couple of widgets that were too distracting and updating my Blog list. I was out of sinus medication, which sometimes helps, so I went out again to get some.

The sinus medicine started kicking in after supper, and reduced the headache to something I could live with. Unfortunately, it was just in time to watch the season finale of America’s Next Top Model and the two hour season finale of LOST.

LOST was excellent, as always. We got to meet the mysterious Jacob and we learned just how long he’s been on the island (although not why). There were connections made with several of the other characters, but none of the loose ends were tied up. The ending was sufficient to keep me guessing until the next season.

Needless to say, I didn’t get a whole lot of writing done last night.

No comments: