Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Argh!

I did switch the two bookcases after all. It looks much nicer and the difference in colour is pretty insignificant, but what a pain in the butt! I had to empty both bookcases before I could move them so I had books stacked up everywhere. The shorter bookcase is my “to be read” bookcase and three of the rows were doubled up with books.

If you want to see a layout of the room, check over in my writing blog.

I need two more shelves for the new bookcase, but there’s no rush because of my awesome organizing skills. Every time I thought I was done with books I’d find more that I’d forgotten about. I filled a box with books I decided I could part with, but these were mostly used books I’d gotten at sales.

I have a double row of paperbacks I bought new, a double row of paperbacks I bought at book sales, and two rows of over sized paper backs and hardback books. These are just my “to be read” books. I can’t even begin to tell you how many books are on my keeper shelves. Not counting the daughter’s room, there are fourteen bookcases in the house.

I would really like to get my books all catalogued. If we ever had a fire . . . *shudder* It doesn’t bear thinking about. And it’s not that I want them catalogued to keep track of how much money it would take to replace them, it’s because there’s no way I could ever remember all the titles.

There’s a lot of them that couldn’t be replaced - some are really old, some are autographed . . . One of the book cases upstairs is a massive wooden structure that holds most of my books from when I was a member of the Science Fiction book club.

Yeah, I definitely have a book addiction.

After organizing the bookcases in my office I decided to clean off my desk too, which meant putting away all the crap piled up everywhere. That pretty much took me the rest of the evening.

But the good news is, it’s all done now.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

We drove to his cousin's farm - north of Pt Perry! wowzers..