Monday, August 31, 2009

Oops!

I was so busy concentrating on getting the next installment of my serial posted Friday, that I forgot all about posting something here!

My Access exam Friday was long - three hours long! It wasn't that any of it was hard, there was just a lot to it. And even after three hours I was one of the first ones finished. I went at a slow and steady pace and paid attention to the little details. Snarky bitch (remember her?) sitting on the other side of me was typing away as fast as she could and I could see her shooting little glances over at mine screen to make sure she was ahead of me (and getting more cheerful the further ahead she got). I just shrugged mentally and kept my steady pace, which paid off around the fourth page where we had to format the cells of the table we'd created. This was not something we'd learned in the book and I suspect it was put in there to have us use the help menu, which is what I did. I could hear snarky muttering and cursing under her breath, oozing frustration. She must have spent a good half hour trying to "remember" how to do this. Yes, I did finish well before her and yes, I do feel smug about it. :-)

Starting this week I have afternoon classes this week so I confess I slept in a little this morning and then stayed in my jammies while checking my e-mail and contemplating breakfast.

Next thing I know the husband is asking if I can take Panda to her appointment at the vet's. This is what happens when you drink orange juice that's been opened in the fridge for at least two weeks. It's a good thing I was able to take her because they were backed up at the vet's office and we had to wait about 45 minutes. Panda was a very cranky girl for her treatment. She's also lost her collar again only this time it wasn't at the vet's office. Maybe if she's a good girl taking her pills this week I'll buy her a new one.

When we got home, the husband said he was feeling better so he was dressing for work. Having had food poisoning from tainted juice before I tried to tell him he probably wasn't as well as he thought, but what do I know? The silly ass went to work anyway. And he took his lunch with him too. Glad I won't be there to see the explosion.

I went to Fabricland in Peterborough with a friend on Saturday and on the way out we stopped at Starbucks for a break. I tried one of their pumpkin scones - OMG are they ever good. So good, in fact, that I googled the recipe when I got home and printed out copies for myself, my friend, and the daughter.

I've been working on a baby quilt for a friend of my daughter's with pictures from the original Winnie the Pooh on it, and I mentioned that Chapters (where Starbucks is) had the original Winnie the Pooh bears. So the daughter and I are going up one morning this week so she can get one to go with the quilt. And the best part? It'll be after September first, when Starbucks starts serviing their Pumpkin Spice Lattes!

1 comment:

Ciara said...

OMG I can't wait for a pumpkin spice latte. . .I'm drooling.