Friday, August 14, 2009

Entertainment

I have found a new source of entertainment: Cat Bubbling.

The trend in weddings over the last few years has been to supply guests with tiny little bottles of non-toxic soap to blow bubbles with instead of throwing confetti. Having been to several of these weddings, I have about half a dozen of this little bottles sitting on a shelf in my office.

Last night I was cleaning up the crap that had started to accumulate on and around my desk, and as usual I had all the cats spread out, keeping me company. In the midst of my cleaning up I came across an old journal which dated back to when we had a dog as well as all these cats, and I remembered how much fun she used to have chasing bubbles. It was about then I got the idea of seeing what the cats’ reaction would be to bubbles.

So I sat behind my desk, in front of the fan, and started blowing bubbles for the cats. At first it was a sheer WTF look on their faces (it was priceless!). Then Panda and Taz jumped down from their bookcases for a better look.

Panda gets the same look in her eye that she does when she spots something interesting outside; Taz just sits there and meows at them; and the boys aren’t really sure whether they should chase them or run away from them. When the husband came home later that night I demonstrated for him out in the dining room and Panda had a ball trying to bite the bubbles (Taz was still in the office and the boys just kinda back off from the bubble madness).

Yes, I know. Small things amuse small minds. :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes you need those "smile" times to break through the cramp that we seem to deal with in our day to day lives....Have fun! Soon the boys will join the fun...

Carol, the cat slave said...

It's not a "smile" time when the daughter brings over a bunch of friends to go swimming in the pool and my underware is strewn all over the house!

Ciara said...

Hey I called first!

Carol, the cat slave said...

It wasn't you having your friends over swimming that bugged me, it was the fact that you left my undies on the stairs where everyone saw them! :-P