Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Again

You know what the problem with Friday is? A couple of days later it’s Monday again.

Looks like Bill ran out of steam before he got to my relatives in New Brunswick. He was only a category 1 when he hit the Nova Scotia coast, and by the time he reached New Brunswick he’d been downgraded to a tropical storm. There was a lot of damage done but it could have been a lot worse.

Panda lost a couple of ounces last week but she’s back up to six and a half pounds. She’s a real force of nature. She may be costing us a pile of money, but she makes sure we get our entertainment’s worth out of her. :-)

The husband of a close friend passed away suddenly but not unexpectedly late last week and the funeral is later today. I really hate funerals. At least this one is being held in a church instead of the funeral parlour.

I spent the morning playing around in the coding for Access - what a pain! I kept getting a runtime error so I’d click on it and check where it said I went wrong, retype it, close it, and the same error would keep cropping up. The girl beside me was getting a runtime error too, but hers was at the top of the codes and mine was at the bottom. I eventually did get mine corrected though, it had nothing to do with the code itself, but a minor little error in what the code was attached to.

Then I got my assignment back from last week? A couple of weeks ago? I only got 35/40 on it which was a little disappointing. This instructor is very nit picky and I’ll need to bear that in mind for future assignments.

I’m looking out my nice clean office window and the weather can’t seem to make up its mind whether to be overcast or sunny. At least it’s a little cooler, but that’s not supposed to last.

Mental note: people with cats should always have a lint brush handy, especially if they need to wear something dark for a funeral.

Now where did I put the scotch tape . . . .

Did I mention how much I hate funerals?

2 comments:

graceunderpressure said...

Aw bless.. I wondered if that was the same Silke.. she lives on my mom's street.

Carol, the cat slave said...

Yes it is. He fought the good fight but it's good he's not suffering any more.