Monday, August 17, 2009

Melting

Yes, like the Wicked Witch of the West I’m melting. The weather network claims it’s only 26 C out (that’s around 80 F for you Yanks) but the humidex makes it feel like 36 C (around 98 F). Got home from school and turned the air conditioning on high (both upstairs and downstairs) and turned the fan in my office (where the air conditioning doesn’t reach) up a notch.

You want to know how hot it is? It’s so hot I’ve even been going swimming in the pool to cool off before bed the last couple of nights. There’s nothing like floating around in the pool at night, gazing up at the stars, letting the water lower your body temperature enough to sleep . . . The water’s been around 80F the last week, which sounds warm but doesn’t feel so warm when you first get in. :-)

* * * * * * * * * *

Wow, I’m looking across my desk at the window and you’d never know there’s glass in it. Yesterday the husband decided to paint the trim on the window frames on the outside of the house, so while he had the windows apart to do the inside sections, I cleaned the glass. I’ve been bugging him to help me take the picture window apart in my office for years. It’s got a double pane of glass and although I can do inside my office and outside the house, I couldn’t do between the two. It was definitely a two person job to get the glass out, but totally worth it!

* * * * * * * * * *

I confess. I was a bad girl today. I broke down and had a cup of coffee on my break at school. What can I say? I was tired and I was working on Macros, Switchboards and Pivot Tables in Access. And I’m further ahead than anyone else in class so there’s no one to ask when I run into problems. I finished the chapter under my own steam and then when I went to start the exercise couldn’t find a report I’d done two chapters ago, so I’ll have to go back and re-do it.

*sigh* Sometimes it doesn’t pay to be quick. :-)

No comments: