Saturday, August 8, 2009

See, I Didn’t Forget!

Do you know what I hate? It’s finding the perfect bra and then when you go back to get another one they’re not available any more. In the spring I found the perfect bra in Wal-Mart and fortunately I bought two at the time because when I went out to get another one today, there were none. Nana. Zip. At least not in my size. In fact, there was precious little in my size. I am a plus size woman, which means my boobs are plus sized too. Is it too much to ask for a pretty bra with lots of support in a large size at a reasonable price? Why do I feel like I’m being penalized for being blessed by the hooter fairy?

Okay, rant over. :-)

I think they made a mistake at the vet’s office on Friday when they gave Panda her water treatment. Instead of filling her up with water, they must have used rocket fuel or something because she’s been flying around the house like a maniac this weekend.

Now, just for your reading pleasure, I have another of my long-winded stories.

After grocery shopping, I came down the hall to fart around play around do some serious work on the computer when it was pointed out to me that I failed to update my blog yesterday. Truth is, I didn’t update either blog, but that’s beside the point.

I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but I have two blogs attached to the Firecat name. One is my book comments (I wouldn’t really call them a review) blog which I started to update last week. So I thought I’d start with it and get it out of the way.

I’d typed about a paragraph when I decided that it was too quiet in my office. Rather than look for music on-line or slap a CD into the lap top, I decided to use the little stereo I have sitting on my bookcase. Only first I had to hook it up.

You’re going to have to picture this because I’m too lazy to draw it in paint and I don’t have a camera to take a picture. The stereo sits in the middle shelf of the center of three six foot high bookcases against the far wall. One speaker is on the left hand side of the shelf, the stereo is on the right hand side, and the other speaker is on the right hand side of the middle shelf of the bookcase to the right.

First step was pulling the books off the shelf so I could hook the speakers up to the stereo. Then I decided to change the books that were on the shelf - there were actually a few books and a couple of ugly binders, and a gap. Forty-five minutes later I’d changed books around on shelves in three different bookcases before I was happy with my arrangement. It’s still not perfect, but it’ll do for now.

Next was finding a CD to play. I wanted something a little soothing, a little summery, and if I was going to be writing it needed to be instrumental too. I checked the handful of CDs I had in here and the closest one I had that fit the bill was David Lanz, but I just wasn’t in the mood for piano. So I went into the dining room where we have a bookcase that was originally built for paperback books, but the person who built it *coughhusbandcough* forgot to take into account the thickness of the shelves and so it never really worked the way it was intended. But it’s great for CDs.

Anyway, when I first set it up in the dining room I had all the husband's CDs on the top shelf, and mine on the next one down. Only one problem. When the husband puts CDs back, he tends to put them back where ever there’s a space. Grr!

So I started going through them and putting them on the right shelves, and since I really don’t have room to have all my CDs in my office, I reorganized my shelf in the order of most listened to or most important to me. Yeah, that took about 45 minutes as well.

Finally I had a dozen CDs to take back to my office with me and now I’m listening to Holst, The Planets, as I’m typing this.

Now, aren’t you glad I updated? :-)

No comments: