Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Road Trip

Well, the daughter and I just got back from Peterborough. Another successful pilgrimage made to Starbucks Chapters. I spent more than I intended (as usual) but that's because I couldn't resist this cool book called To the Ends of the Earth that's full of ancient maps, plus they pointed out that my discount card needed to be renewed.

And yes, I got my Pumpkin Spice Latte, with a Pumpkin Spice Scone to go with it. Mmmm, pumpkinny goodness!

On the drive up (and back) we listened to my driving CD that the husband spent five years in the making. He had to choose just the right songs for it:

Lookin' Out For Number One
Drivin' Sister
Vehicle
Born to Be Wild
Let It Roll
I Can't Drive 55 (my personal favorite)
Highway Star
Fun, Fun, Fun
Built For Speed
Under My Wheels
Runnin' Down A Dream
Deadman's Curve
Pink Cadillac
Mercury Blues
Red Barcetta
Radar Love
Paradise (By the Dashboard Light)
Go Faster

What a guy! :-)

* * * * * * * * * *

Panda lost her collar again, only this time we haven't been able to find it. She looks so naked without it that I finally bought her a new one. This one is neon pink, her favourite colour.

* * * * * * * * * *

I've just discovered another really big problem about having afternoon classes. It's so nice out today and I've been out enough, that I really, really, don't want to go to school now. I want to stay home and enjoy the end of summer today.

Unfortunately, we have a quiz, and homework to take up, and an assignment to hand in, and a new chapter to start. Guess I'd better get that homework done and do a bit of studying.

Why yes, I do have to leave in half an hour. Your point? :-)

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

The only way to handle afternoon classes is to go in in the morning. :( mmm pumpkinny goodness!