Monday, September 14, 2009

An Embarrassment of Riches

Well, the cats seem to have settled down somewhat. Romi spent a couple of days hiding in the basement (coming out to eat of course) and Julius and Dante are back to their normal selves. Panda acts normal until she spots Taz, and although she hasn’t attacked him in the last few days she does like to keep an eye on him still.

Poor Taz . . . Friday and Saturday he was very skittish, and if Panda was nearby he was afraid to move. She wouldn’t let him down off the bookcase Friday so I finally put some food and water up there for him (he was very grateful). Saturday he must have needed to use the kitty litter because he went down to the basement, and then she wouldn’t let him come up the stairs so he spent pretty much the whole day down there. He did slink upstairs late in the evening and after having a cautious bite to eat settled down on the couch between the humans.

I guess I should be grateful the fur’s stopped flying, but I’d still like to know what’s going on with these guys!

* * * * * * * * * *

Saturday I cleaned out the supply cabinet my laser printer sits on in my office. This may not seem like such a big deal to most people, but given the amount of office supplies I tend to accumulate and the fact they just get more or less jammed into the cabinet, it was a very big deal.

Part way through I started an inventory of the supplies and I am rather appalled at my stock pile. I have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to office supplies. And that’s just the stuff in the cabinet. I also have a plastic bin with file folders, paper, and whatnot, and a desk drawer full of “stuff”. Did I mention the piles of partially used notebooks and note pads around the house? Clearly I should be banned from all office supply stores and the office/school supply aisles of all department and dollar stores.

* * * * * * * * * *

Saturday was also a procrastination catch up day writing/blogging wise. I caught up on my book review blog, got chapter five of my serial posted, and checked out the blogs I’ve been neglecting this week. Sunday I also got off my lazy butt and actually posted something to my Random Writing blog.

* * * * * * * * * *

Back to morning classes at school this week. Yippee skippy! We’re taking Excel, which I have taken twice before but since I never use it for anything I’ve forgotten everything I ever knew about it. Unfortunately we have the same kind of textbook and the same instructor as we did for Word. I found the wording of the text to be somewhat confusing, but the instructor seemed even more confused. She was lost without her instructor’s manual and if you interrupted her with a question she not only had to look up the answer, she’d lose her place in what she was doing.

Thursday she was reading from the text and we were following along and we were supposed to be formatting a title. She couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t working until I suggested we needed to highlight the text first. She ignored me completely, but then her next instructions were to highlight the text and then format it. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel for you...those classes must be painful at times...but, there are riches at the end....