Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hump Day Happenings

I was actually very surprised to see the sun shining today. I woke up at around 4 a.m. with a bad headache, which usually means the weather's turned. It was still with me when I got up and so far it shows no signs of leaving. It was bad enough at school this morning that on my break I went upstairs to the coffee shop and had a coffee. The caffeine made it a little better, but unfortunately it's wearing off now.

Have you ever noticed that when you have a headache that things that normally you don't notice bug the crap out of you? Like the noise from the fountain in the dining room. Once you get used to it it's pretty easy to ignore, but right now I'd like to just pick the damn thing up and pitch it into the back yard.

And I think my next door neighbor left the gate to her back yard unlatched. I can hear something banging in the wind and I don't know what else it could be. I'm tempted to go check and close it if it is, but with my luck my neighbor would catch me. She's old and even more crotchety than I am and she'd probably beat me to death with her cane.

Aren't I in a mood today? :-)

* * * * * * * * * *

The cats appeared to have an uneasy truce. I don't know if Panda has just gotten over her misplaced anger at Taz or Taz got tired of living on top of the bookcase. But he's abandoned my office for my chair in the living room, and this morning he even had breakfast out in the kitchen with everyone else (the first time in a week).
Cross your fingers that the worst is over.

Panda pretty much ignores him if he's in one place, it's only when he wants to move from point A to point B that she starts having a problem. If it's just her that's on the alert he doesn't seem to care, but when the boys all stick their noses into things he starts getting a little paranoid. Who can blame him? Two of the boys out-weigh him by several pounds.

* * * * * * * * * *

As I feared, Excel is even worse than Word was. We have fewer chapters to work on and more time to work in. Yesterday I not only finished all the chapter work, I also finished the assignment that wasn't due until Friday. Today we had a quiz and then most of us worked on Chapter 3 - which we'll be learning tomorrow. At this rate I'll be ready for the exam by Monday. Even though we're only doing 5 chapters I think there's 9 in the book, so I'll probably just keep going until I run out of class time.

I also found out today that if we want to continue with the advanced Word course on our own we just have to let the other instructor know and she'll give us the assignments and arrange for us to take the exam. I just might go ahead and do that - it'll give me something constructive to do in my Excel class. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey...I know what you mean about the headache thing...I feel like crap, but I have to go pick up the nephew up at 10 in the next town....it never ends.

Ciara said...

"Like the noise from the fountain in the dining room. Once you get used to it it's pretty easy to ignore"

LIES!!!!!!