Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cats, Plants and Birds

Yesterday ended, as it started, with cats and plants. After I finished house cleaning in honour of my sister’s impending visit, one of the cats noticed that one of my plants was dangling within reach and swipe, a large chunk of my wandering jew ended up on the floor (along with some dirt and dried foliage).

*Sigh*. The cat ate enough of the plant, before I rescued it, to make himself puke all over my nice, clean floor, and then disappeared, figuring his work was done. I cleaned up plant, cleaned up the puke, then carried on.

In the evening, before I went to bed, I noticed the cats dishes were empty, so being the responsible owner I am, I filled them. Now, the bookcase above the cats’ dishes has a row of plants on top and the spider plant decided to attack as I was setting the bowls back on the floor. In the ensuing struggle, the plant toppled, spilling dirt all over the floor and all over the freshly filled cat dishes. It took another half hour before I had the mess cleaned up and could go to bed.

*sigh again* Such is the way my life has been going.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

There is this really weird looking bird on the Africam today, and I’d really like to know what it is. It’s black, with red on the front of it’s neck and around it’s eyes. The beak is also black and starts out wide at the top, but then tapers off to a thin point, but curved like a toucan.

Okay, it was driving me crazy enough that I googled African Birds and I have discovered it is a Ground Hornbill. And just for your further edification, here’s a picture of it:



Oh, the things I do to get out of writing!

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

you should have stayed at the laptop and wrote stuff..