Saturday, November 22, 2008

Huh?

What do you mean you stopped by to see what scintillating words of wisdom I have to offer? Oh, yeah, I guess it has been a while since I've posted.

I've made it to 40K and I'm still going strong. I think my novel will exceed the 50K it's supposed to be, but the longer the better. I keep thinking it's going to need some heavy duty editing when I'm done, but when I stop to peek back a lot of it isn't as bad as I think.

Yesterday was slow going, story-wise. I took some time off to brush the snow off my car to go sign some papers my hubby had for me at his office - broke the blade off one of my brand new windshield wipers, couldn't find a parking place anywhere even close to the office, came home in disgust to find the garbage can still sitting on the front porch, so I went to the corner store to get a garbage sticker and then wrestled the can to the end of the driveway (we don't have curbs).

Today I'm far enough ahead that I can safely go with a clean conscience to a get together with some old friends tonight, and Christmas shopping tomorrow. I'm easing up a little on the writing and my goal for the weekend is reach the 43K mark.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

After my cranky post on Wednesday I checked the mail and had a happy surprise (I would have added an edit to that day but I didn't want to spoil the whole cranky ambiance).

Anyway, a couple of weeks before Halloween I entered a contest on Gennita Low's website (check out her blog HERE and read her first novel on-line for free). She posted a picture and asked for captions and picked my caption out of all the responses. :-)

The prize was the winner's pick of a selection of books. I chose one of hers because 1) I didn't have it and 2) I really like her writing. Not only did she send me her book (autographed and everything!) she sent me a bonus book too. It made my whole week.

Now I just have to resist the temptation of reading them until Nano is over.

No comments: