Monday, November 3, 2008

NaNoWriMo

Yes, I confess, I waited until the last possible second to sign up for NaNo this year, so I only have myself to blame for the fact that it took me almost three hours to get logged in.

The first few days are always crazy on the NaNo site. The server is overloaded as everyone tries to log in at once, and then you get morons like me who try to sign up at the last minute. I couldn’t remember my password from the last time I’d done NaNo, so I had to ask for a reset and because it was so slow I kept getting timed out, hence the three hours.

I was off to a slow start on Saturday, only about 700 words, but surprisingly enough it didn’t bother me. It was still 700 words more than I’d managed in the last couple of weeks.

I started to catch up on Sunday. Late Sunday night I tried to update my word count and I thought it didn’t work (again, I kept getting timed out until I gave up) but if you look to my NaNo widget on the right, you’ll see that it did work.

To stay on track I need to do a minimum of 1600 words a day, but I’m hoping for 2000. This will keep me ahead of the game for when the unexpected happens, like today when my sister from New Brunswick is dropping by for a late lunch.

So now, instead of writing the day away, I need to make a quick trip to the grocery store for something to feed her (and her husband), and a slap dash job of cleaning up the house. *sigh* Do you notice that these things happen every time I just start getting my writing momentum back?

1 comment:

Jewel Allen said...

You're right, any new words per day, regardless of the amount, still puts you ahead of the game!

Good luck with NaNo!!