Monday, November 10, 2008

If It's Monday This Must Be Nano

You notice how the further into Nano I get the shorter my posts are? That’s because blogging doesn’t count towards my total daily word count.

Saturday I had to go grocery shopping (which I hate) and then we went out to dinner and a play at the local theatre (which wasn’t bad). This was the husband’s office Christmas party. Hubby had to go to bed early because he had to be in Toronto the next day for a bowling tournament, so I found a Star Trek marathon on television and wrote until about 3:30 a.m.

Last night I watched K-Pax (which I’d never seen before) while writing. I had already reached my minimum word count for the day, but I wanted to finish the scene I was working on. Again, up until 3 a.m.

The writing has been going well, pretty steady, especially after dark. I’m starting to wonder if the reason I get more writing done late at night is because I’ve exhausted all my procrastination tools. I’ll stare at the computer screen and type a word, then open up spider solitaire, then close it again because I’ve already played it 100 times in a row, then I’ll just keep re-reading what’s on the screen and before I know it I’ve not only reached my limit, I’ve exceeded it.

Same thing happens when I check my e-mail, or my blogs, or Absolute Write - I’ve checked them so often by then there’s nothing new. Less communciation means less distraction.

Now excuse me while I take a break from procrastinating and get a little writing done.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

excellent word count! I saw it on Judg's post!