Friday, December 19, 2008

Winter Wonder - What?!?

Snow, snow, go away
Come again on Christmas Day

They started predicting an apocalyptic blizzard earlier in the week but, this being Canada and the winter, we tend to ignore these dire predictions. Yesterday wasn’t at all snowy, not even a hint of snow.

This morning when I got up it wasn’t particularly snowy either. Oh, there was a token bit of snow, but more of a light dusting than anything else. No, the snow waited until I needed to go out and then it descended on us like the wrath of God.

The worst part was that I hadn’t even cleared off the car from the last snow dump we had, so I had double the fun. Not to mention the fact that one of my windshield wipers isn’t working properly and whilst driving around the snow kept building up on it so it really wasn’t wiping at all.

I’m hoping that this snow is the daughter’s “third bad luck” thing. You know how trouble comes in threes? Well, a couple of days ago we got word that the movers cancelled on us so now we have to find some other way of moving her and the fiancĂ© by the end of the month. Then on the way home on the train last night her wallet went missing. We’re not really sure if it was lost or stolen, but either way she has to replace all of her identification - credit cards, driver’s license, health card, etc. Which was why we were out in the middle of a blizzard running around town.

I made it back home in one piece and now I’m sitting here sipping hot chocolate. The tree is plugged in so the Christmas lights are glowing, I can see the snow piling up outside the deck window. Go ahead, let it snow. I have no where to go until it’s time to pick the daughter up from work.

It can snow all it wants today, for tomorrow we must shop! The plan is another out of town trip to finish the Christmas shopping once and for all.

Except for the stocking stuffers.

Now, for a Christmas treat . . . the first part of this song is pretty much the way I'm feeling about Christmas right now. But hopefully, if I listen to the song enough, I'll feel like the end of the song before Christmas gets here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are battling the snow up there in Canada. Hope you are enjoying your shopping day.

Carol, the cat slave said...

I'm happy to say the major shopping is done, I've only got the stocking stuffers left.

Merry Christmas C.J.!