Monday, December 8, 2008

Itchy Palms and Caramel Corn

I’m trying very hard not to scratch or rub my itchy palm and I hope I haven’t jinxed anything by having rubbed it earlier.

Let me explain. I first noticed my palm was itchy when I was in the kitchen this morning making my breakfast. I was pretty sure there was a superstition about itchy palms, so I looked it up on Google and low and behold, there it was. An itchy palm means money in your future. “Right to receive and left to leave.” One source also mentioned that if you rub or scratch your palm the money will go away, so I immediately stopped rubbing. Though I tell you, it’s not easy.

I can use a massive intake of the cash kind after Saturday. Despite the weather, we went shopping after all. Maybe I should have paid more attention the weather gods and Christmas spirit. The new Costco was not nearly as nice as the others I’ve been in, and the mall I’d been looking forward to had changed beyond recognition - the food court was gone, Wal-Mart was gone, the small, independent store that was the source of many cool items was gone.

THEN, on the way home it started to snow like it meant it. Being a veteran of driving in abysmal winter conditions this didn’t trouble me unduly, however being stuck in a long line of slow moving vehicles did. However, I got to cross two more people off my Christmas list and I think the husband is done so all in all it was a day well spent.

And now my teeth are starting to hurt because while I was typing this post I started munching on the caramel corn the husband bought from the boy scouts (which he does every year). Last year he insisted that it was “his” caramel corn and he should be the one to open it. It’s still sitting on the bar with the plastic seal intact. This year I decided to ignore him.

Stupid me!

No comments: