Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ho Hum Hump Day

Still waiting for all that money the itchy palm promised me. Any time now would be good. Any time. Right here. Just shoot it on over.

The weather has been off and on a lot. We got lots of snow on the weekend, yesterday it rained and made it a big sloppy mess outside, then last night it snowed and made everything pretty again. Now today it’s sunny which means the snow is melting.

Monday I went to the local mall to finish up my out of town Christmas shopping (I only have the brother in law in NB to buy for before I’m done) but I didn’t have much luck. I’m sure everyone has someone like him on their Christmas list - you need to get them something but you don’t really know them well enough to find something appropriate, or you do and everything appropriate is way out of your price range.

I’ve been trying to get to bed earlier so I’d start getting up earlier but so far that hasn’t really been working for me. I still tend to sleep in late. Might be because my bed is so warm and comfy and if I hold out long enough the husband and the cats all get up and I have the bed to myself. Yes, I am a lazy sod!

It’s getting harder and harder to resist the stack of unread books I have on my desk. I’m not supposed to read them until I finish the first draft of the novel I started writing for Nano, and I’m still working on it. The ideal solution would be to get that first draft done, but the writing is going very slowly and the books are so very tempting.

Does it count if I go out and buy a book that isn’t included in the stack?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I won't tell anyone if you go out and buy a book. It would be an excellent excuse for roaming the bookstore and taking in the heavenly smell of new books.