Monday, December 22, 2008

Shop Till You Drop

I think I’m shopped out. It happens every year. I go on these marathon shopping binges before Christmas, burn out my shopping yen, and it takes until the next year before I feel like shopping again.

Saturday the weather was good so we went out of town to one of the “good” malls to finish our Christmas shopping. Despite the horrendous traffic around the mall, and the crowds, it was worth it because we got our shopping done. We probably should have done the grocery shopping that night, it would have been the smart thing to do, but no one ever accused us of being smart.

Sunday dawned in a swirl of snow. We’re talking SNOW! There were white out conditions around the house. It would have been the perfect day to just curl up in a chair, read a book, and listen to the wind howling. Unfortunately, I needed to get groceries. There was a slight lull between storms and the daughter and I took the chance and braved the grocery store. I must say, the one good thing about shopping during a blizzard is that the parking’s not bad and there’s no big line-ups at the check out.

Today is another nice day. It seems like our weather pattern is one day stormy, next day sunny. I hope the pattern breaks tomorrow as I have to drive up to London to pick up the daughter’s fiancé and the two cats. The drive is bad enough without adding snow to the mix.

There are still a couple more things I need to pick up, but I’m stuck here today waiting for the furnace guy who’s coming to fix our water heater. If he doesn’t make it, it could be a very chilly holiday, at least as far as showers go.

And now, for your listening enjoyment, more Christmas music. This is one of my favorites and when I did a search for it I was surprised by two things. One, that it had been around so long. And two, that there was a whole little conversation at the beginning I’d never heard before.




This is another of my favorite Christmas songs. The video's not so great, but it's still worth the view.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

Merry Christmas Chickie! If you're feeling bad about the storms, Minnesota pulled their ploughs off the road, they couldn't see! So we had it easy. :D More comin', good thing the cookies are made. And shovelling cake. People who shovel get hot chocolate and shovelling cake.. it's my newest tradition! Hey, do you hear sleigh bells? I gotta go!