Friday, December 5, 2008

It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Okay, maybe not. But one can hope the Christmas spirit will get its act in gear soon. At least it’s sunny out today. Sort of.

Space, the Imagination Station, has just given me a reason to get up at 6:30 a.m. on Christmas morning. Starting at 6:30 a.m., they are running all ten Star Trek movies, one right after another. Forget opening presents, forget having a big family dinner, I’ll be in Trekkie heaven!

And the daughter called me last night asking for cookie recipes (she’s going to do some of her own Christmas baking this year) and mentioned that her fiancé managed to get Christmas off, which means they’ll be here for Christmas, so I get the double bonus of subjecting her to Christmas Trekkiness. Muwahahahaha! This is why we have children, to torture them!

It almost snowed yesterday. A few fat, fluffy, flakes, but not enough to get excited about. That’s okay, I can be patient. The weather gods have twenty more days to cough it up for a white Christmas. It doesn’t bode well, however, that I’m still wearing my trench coat. Even when I went to Wal-Mart last night for ice cream. In December.

The cats seem to be feeling the Christmas spirit, they’ve been pretty well behaved lately. Well, with the exception of Panda who managed to dig the bag of kitty treats out of the upper cupboard and devour half of them before I caught her. And maybe Dante, who believes the living room carpet looks better if it’s at an angle, no matter how many times I straighten it. And Taz, who keeps trying to steal my chair. Okay, so Julius and Romi have been good kitties, but I think that’s more because they’re a little too hefty to cause any real trouble.

I, however, have been on my good behavior. I have not yet opened the big bag of books, um, I mean, opened the bag with the two books I bought the last time I was at Chapters that I promised I wouldn’t read until after Nano. As long as I’m working on my Nano novel then Nano is still in progress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG TREKKIE MARATHON?!!? BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!!!! Chris and Dad don't stand a CHANCE. Ooo dad should make those french toast sandwich things we had the christmas you had to work, and Chris can make coffee and they can fetch and carry for us as we watch STAR TREK.
Also there is a preview for the new star trek movie. HOORAY!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU for sharing the Star Trek marathon! My step mother won't stand a chance once I tell my dad about it. LOL.