Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hump Day Blues

I’m tired and cranky and headachy. My energy level is at an all new low. Writing was a real struggle for me today, as was pretty much anything else.

I opened up Driving Into Forever because I thought it would be easier to work on because I’m just re-writing it, but I was wrong. I thought it would be more like just heavy editing but instead I’m actually re-writing the whole thing. Most of it’s being scrapped completely. And why? Because of the other two projects I’m working on.

That’s the problem with writing. It’s a learning process. The more I write, the better the writing gets. By working on the other two projects it’s easier to see where I went wrong with the first one and the re-write is becoming a much better story.

But it was still a great effort to get anything done today. Even blogging.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

good thing you were fueled up with tuna! Is it done yet? Can I read it? Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? How 'bout now? .. now?