Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Termination

What a nice, vague word. It doesn't mean fired - there were no grounds to fire us; but it doesn't mean laid off either. Laid off implies that we'll be invited back and that's the last thing they want to imply. No, what termination means is "we don't like it when employees get their own way, so we need to get rid of anyone with an accommodation".

We get to work 4 extra weeks in lieu of severance pay. My last day of work is June 23, which is kind of stupid because it's a Monday. Almost five years of dedicated service and this is my reward.

To be honest, I don't know how I feel about it. I'm going to miss the pay cheques, that's for sure, but the call centre? Not so much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can they do that? Is this a case for Human Rights?

That's just crap!