Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend Craptacular

To be honest, I didn't have high hopes for this, the first long weekend of the season - the weather was predicted to be nasty and I have to work Monday - but I never expected it to be this bad.

I tend to relax my vigilance on what I eat on the weekends, simply because if anything bad comes of it I'll be at home. I don't know if it was the Advil gel cap I took for a migraine Friday, or the Chinese food we had for take out, but Saturday I was sick most of the day. I was finally feeling better late in the day, but I was still a little disappointed I didn't get a lot accomplished.

In retrospect, having a full dinner on a pretty much empty stomach after being sick was probably not the smartest thing to do. Don't worry, I paid for it. Dearly.

I was even sicker today than I was yesterday.

And then I got a phone call from the daughter. Someone stole the jeep she's had for all of two weeks. What kind of a person steals a jeep from a poor, starving student? Especially at today's gas prices?

And then the husband got a call that one of his bowling buddies passed away suddenly.

Oh, and I'm almost out of cat chow and the vet's office won't be open tomorrow to buy more.

All in all, it's been a pretty crappy holiday weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really hope they find her Jeep in good shape. When it comes to cars, she wouldn't have any luck if it wasn't bad. I can't imagine how she feels...that is so violating.