Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Need A Bigger Suitcase!

I love staying at the Sheridan Hotel in Hamilton. The only thing more comfy than the beds are the pillows. Unfortunately, neither bed nor pillows would fit in my suitcase to bring them home with me.

We checked out the daughter's new (used) car on the way to the bowling tournament yesterday. It looks really nice. I think she got a real bargain.

My shopping buddy came with me to take the daughter home to London. I was glad of the company because it rained, and I mean serious rain, the whole way there and back. Mental note: Crocs are not designed for monsoon season.

We didn't get much shopping done yesterday, but we made up for it today. We both bought T-shirts at the Disney store and of course books at Coles. My buddy also dragged me to Build-A-Bear where she built a dog, not a bear, for her first grandchild. It was fun to watch but once you get them dressed they're kind of pricey. Oh, who am I kidding. I'll probably do the same thing for my first grandchild!

I might mention that the daughter and I went to the annual church book sale on Friday and came away with about $50.00 worth of books. Add to that the books I bought today and you'd think I'd be booked up (booked out?)for the next while.

Well, normally that would be true. However I just started a new series on dragons last week and I'm just about finished book 2. I have books 4 and 5 but not book 3. I need book 3. I intend to do a lot of reading Tuesday while my system is purged in preparation for my scopes on Wednesday. And this dragon series is what I want to read.

So, guess where I'm going after work tomorrow? Don't worry. I'm after one book only, and if they don't have it I will leave the store disappointed, but with what little money I have left intact.

No comments: