Sunday, May 25, 2008

Carry On Karaoke

You know, in my younger days (my very much younger days) I might have enjoyed karaoke. If you plied me with enough liquor. But these days, I just don't get why someone would want to go up on stage and embarrass themselves by torturing popular songs.

This being said, I've just spend an ungodly amount of time surfing the net looking for karaoke tunes. Religious karaoke no less.

The husband has a recording studio in the basement and has been volunteered by his father to help a couple of priests record a CD to sell as a fund raiser. The priests want to sing to a karaoke background for this CD. Now, copy-right infringement aside, have you ever tried to find religious karaoke? Especially obscure hymns to download as singles.

I have found all but one of the songs on the list, however they're all attached to CDs. The husband doesn't understand why I can't download them as singles. After all, the daughter downloads songs all the time - she doesn't need to download the whole CD. *sigh*

Apples and oranges. The daughter doesn't download karaoke versions of obscure hymns. She downloads popular music. "Here I Am Lord" and "My Savior is God" are just not as popular.

Go figure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, it is an original idea! Not sure who will buy it. Is K-Tel still around?