Sunday, March 2, 2008

Slow But Sure

You know, there is one good thing about having more than one story on the go at a time. When you get stuck with one, you can go on to a different one. Which is what I’ve done.

Driving Into Forever was beginning to drive me a little crazy. I didn’t want to just skip over the section I got bogged down in because I’d just have to go back and fix it later, and it’s one of the pivotal scenes in the whole thing so until I know what’s happening there I won’t know how the characters will react later on.

So, I’m back working on Changeling. And progressing nicely, I might add. Since I’m not under any time constraint I can meander all I want with it. True, a lot of it is pure crap, but that’s what editing is for. Right now I’m getting the story down with as much detail as I want, no matter how bad or corny it may get.

Last week was a busy week. The daughter came home for a few days and since I don’t see her that often I made up for the home-cooked meals she’s missed. We went shopping and watched some DVDs . . . she got some writing done while I . . . didn’t (see previous post).

I had three books from Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dream Hunter series and I finally got around to reading them. I’ll post my opinions of them on the book blog. And when I was in the drug store I noticed a Lynsay Sands book that was just out. Bonus!

No comments: