Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Whiny Wednesday

Is it just me or is this batch of America’s Next Top Model the whiniest ones yet? Some of them are truly above and beyond the call of whine-dom. To my mind it lowers the quality of the whole show. If I wanted to listen to whiny women sniping at each other, I’d pay more attention at work.

And can anyone tell me, what’s with the snow we keep getting dumped on us? This is Spring damn it! We are past both the March Break and Easter. Where’s the grass? The flowers? Yesterday we got another 5 centimeters of snow and there’s rumours of more to come later in the week. At least the snow we got yesterday had the decency to melt today. Grr!

I put my procrastination to good use and put off doing our tax returns for as long as I could. However, I finally sucked it up and did them yesterday and e-filed them today. I don’t know why I hate doing them so much, they’re pretty easy. I guess I’m just afraid of making a mistake and ending up in jail for tax fraud or something.

It’s a good thing I’m getting a refund though. I’m getting a root canal done tomorrow and the insurance is a couple of hundred dollars short of covering it. And it certainly isn’t going to cover getting the permanent filling in a couple of weeks.

C’est la vie. That seems to be the way things always go with money and me. Just when I think I’m getting ahead, something comes along to take all my money away again. Like dental bills. Or vet bills. Or some other kind of bill.

*sigh*

No comments: