Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Swear!

No, I'm not talking about the kind of swearing I did when I got pulled over by the cop on the way to Tim Horton's yesterday. I'm talking about swearing an oath to write every day, no matter what.

I'm finding that the longer I go without writing, the harder it is to get back into. It's been a few days since the last time I opened up one of my book documents and the more time that goes by the more effort it seems to get into the writing mind set again.

The only way to fix this is to write every day. It doesn't have to be a lot, and it probably won't at first, just so long as I write something on one of my projects. Blogging and letters don't count.

It helps that I'm feeling a little less pressured by work. My doctor wrote a truly impressive letter that she faxed directly to the head office of the company I work for. They will have no option other than to grant me my accommodation, or lay me off (with a severance package). If they try to give me any more flack I have more than enough ammunition to take it to the Human Rights Commission. And don't think I won't!

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

my friend got pulled over after Timmy's the other day - so he could get her number! No kidding..