Sunday, March 9, 2008

Too Cool!

Okay, this is way too cool to keep to myself.

As you know, if you know me or if you've been reading this blog for a while, I have been saying for years that I'd like to catalogue my books so I could keep better track of them. Not only so I can keep track of what books I have, but also what books are missing.

A while back I'd saved the link to a free book program, but didn't go any further than that. Today I opened the link and downloaded the program. OMG! It's called BookBD and it's the greatest thing to happen to books since the printing press.

It keeps track of your books, it keeps track of where they are, it keeps track of who's borrowed them . . . and the best part is, you can add books by using the ISBN number! It'll search the book out and fill in all the information - what a time saver! And, for those of you not trusting with your hard drive, you can download it to a flash drive and work from there.

I might even read the manual to see what else you can do with it :-)

Anyone who's interesting can find out more about it HERE

No comments: