Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Update

Things aren't looking good for poor Panda.

When the vet initially saw her, he said her temperature was fine and her heart rate was good. She seemed a little dehydrated but otherwise okay.

Just after I posted yesterday the vet's office called and asked that we bring her back in. Turns out that her kidneys have shut down. They've kept her overnight to try and get her to re-hydrate to get the kidneys working again. If they're unsuccessful then they'll have to put her down.

I'll update when I know more. Right now all I can think about is our poor girl, who's already not feeling well, in a strange place with strange people doing terrible things to her. Yes, they're only trying to help, but from her perspective it must seem like they're only tormenting her.

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Poor Panda. Fingers, toes, and eight paws crossed over here that she pulls through.

Carol, the cat slave said...

Thanks Jamie!