Monday, June 15, 2009

Announcement

Until further notice, I’m only going to update this blog Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. My brain is starting to feel the strain of all the stuff I have going on right now.

* * * * * * * * * *
So, Panda is home. At least she’s home as of this post. The husband has to take her to the vet this morning to get hydrated and re-assessed by the vet.

If you’re squeamish, skip this paragraph ‘cause I’m going to describe how they hydrate her. They slip a needle under her skin and hook her up to an I.V. Panda gets to move around on the examining table while she’s pumped full of water and she’s amazingly well-behaved for it. I know because I got to witness it first hand Saturday morning. She has a bald patch on her throat as well as one of her legs from all the blood tests.

She came home with a whole bag of goodies. First, there was a bag of special cat chow that she won’t eat, then there’s cans of special cat food that she won’t eat. Next there’s capsules that she has to take twice a day and there’s a powder that gets mixed into the canned food. I get the pleasant job of mixing the powder into the canned food and then force-feeding it to her. She’s supposed to get an entire can a day.

But, for all that she’s a lot perkier and I think she’s happy to be home. She’s decided the chair in my office is “her” chair, and she has taken her rightful place as queen of the castle. And it’s probably just my imagination, but she seems to understand that I’m not force-feeding her to be mean, that I’m trying to help. I think she’s hungry, she just doesn’t like the food that she’s allowed to have.

Check the dictionary under finicky, you'll see her picture.

* * * * * * * * * *
Economics is the bane of my existence. It really didn’t help that I started the class a chapter behind everyone else. But after making some notes for review (ten whole pages!) of the first three chapters, I think I’m starting to understand what it’s all about. God help me!

I don't think it's the material, just the pace at which we're expected to learn. A chapter a day, plus a quiz this morning, the exam on Friday, and a project due next Monday.

I'm starting to think that the Intro to Tech segment was to lull us into a false sense of security about how hard this course really is!

Off to Timmies for a coffee before school. Hopefully the bleeding (from wrestling with Panda to take her pill and food this morning) will stop before I have to write my quiz.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

woot! 3 cheers for Economics! Don't be scared of the pace, just remember to allow some time for the info to 'simmer' in the back of your brain. Read, answer questions, put it away in your mind.