Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Missed It By That Much

I had a plan. My plan was to write my Monday posts on Sunday, and then schedule them to appear on Monday morning. Only I got so busy with other things, I forgot. And what other things occupied me? *sigh* Believe it or not, it was housework. Yes, you heard me. Me, the anti-cleaner, got bogged down in cleaning up the house.

We were only going to be gone for 24 hours, but I really hate to leave the house in a mess. Call me crazy, but that’s just the way I am.

The husband, daughter and I made a pilgrimage to London (Ontario) so the daughter could convocate from Western University. The reason we went up Sunday night, is that convocation took place at 10 a.m. and she had to be there no later than 8:30 a.m. It’s about a 4 hour drive from here to there, hence the overnight stay.

The hotel we stayed at was a little on the cheesy side (I will not bore you with the whys and wherefores of how we ended up there, you may thank me later), the mattresses were lumpy and there was a shortage of pillows. The Continental breakfast was really sad, although they had a nice room in which to sit for it.

Western University is about the size of our town. Maybe bigger. It’s really beautiful though. Of course we didn't get to see much of it because it pretty much rained the whole time we were there. We got to sit in a real auditorium (unlike Queens where we got to sit on folding chairs in a hockey arena)and I even managed to get a couple of decent pictures of the kid.

This was a great day, especially for us, as parents. Our daughter has reached a higher level of education than anyone in either side of the family has ever achieved. Hopefully she'll provide an inspiration to future generations. Next up, a PhD. Right after she finishes paying off her massive OSAP debt. :-)

But I'm still left with one question. Now that she has her MILS, does this mean we have to call her Master?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NO!

Carol, the cat slave said...

LOL You're right. It should be Mistress. ;-)