Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Politics

I have a confession to make. When it comes to politics, I’m pretty apathetic. I’m the one who will go to the polls and choose not to vote because I really couldn’t care less. One politician is pretty much the same as another, right?

Well, my economics class is starting to have a bad influence on me. The instructor keeps bringing in these videos for us to watch, of shows she’s taped off the television in which current economic events are discussed. That, combined with what I’m learning in class, is making me more interested in the world around me.

For instance, there’s talk about a summer election here in Canada and if that happens I just might have to take a good look at the candidates and their platforms and make an informed decision. What is the world coming to?

* * * * * * * * * *
Panda is still home, although she has to go to the vet three times a week to get hydrated and I still have to force feed her. However, we have come to an understanding. If I wrap her firmly in a towel, she will stay still for her feedings, although she is still free to growl at me. :-)

* * * * * * * * * *
If you get a chance, nip on over to my writing blog and check out Tuesday’s post. I’m having trouble deciding which project to work on next so I put a poll up. The description of the titles are listed in the Tuesday post.

I can’t believe I’m actually getting some writing (besides economic notes) done. I had my poetry group last night and had two new poems to read, both written pretty much yesterday afternoon. Each month someone picks a poetry prompt from a “bouquet” and it’s our ‘poemwork’ for the next meeting.

We meet once a month in a private meeting upstairs in a local pub where we drink and read each other our poems. Then a couple of days later we meet in a local coffee shop where we have an evening of public readings. It’s a lot of fun and it keeps the creative juices flowing.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

glad your baby girl is home. Too bad you couldn't hook her up to a critter cam and find out what she ingested!