Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What?

Tuesday? Really? I don’t know how the time keeps slipping away from me. Maybe it was because we just had a long weekend.

Yesterday was President’s Day for you Yanks, but for us Canuks it was Family Day. This is still a new enough holiday that people (and businesses) are confused about what’s open and what’s not. For instance, No Frills was closed, as were most stores and businesses (which means people got the day off), but we got mail delivery.

To celebrate Family Day, my nephew stopped off from Sunday to Monday on his way from Kingston to Toronto and other points westward. It was nice because I don’t see this nephew very often and he’s very allergic to the cats so any visit is bound to be a short one.

It was actually Monday when I started writing this post, but then I poured gravy on my left hand while dishing up supper last night (hot roast beef sandwiches). Can we say ouch? And since it was the hand holding the plate, I spent a few precious seconds trying to find a place to set the plate down before I could stick my hand under cold water. Did I mention ouch?

Fortunately, no serious damage was done. A couple of hours with a cold cloth on it and my hand was fine. See, I can type and everything. :-) Now, if only my internet would smarten up. It’s slowed down to a crawl and I had to power cycle before it would even load the home page.

Of course the problem might be my router, which is old and persnickety, but there’s not much I can do about that other than replace it (which I can't afford) because somehow or other I lost the password to get into it to check the settings. I wrote down the password for the new router, which is no longer working and was replaced by the old router. This is what comes from being a wuss and talking other people into setting up your router for you.

So, whether or not this post actually makes it up today will depend on my rusty technical support skills.

I'm doomed!

No comments: