Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hump Day Randomness

Creepy! As I was typing about vampires on my other blog, I noticed these two eyes peering at me from inside the lower “house” on the cat tree. It was my daughter’s cat, Sammie, and because she’s dark and it’s dark inside the “house”, all I could see were these two glowing eyes. She may be tiny, but she’s got a lot of presence. I’m going to miss her when she’s moved into the apartment.

* * * * * * * * * *

I don’t know where the husband got the bouquet of mixed flowers he gave me for Valentine’s Day, but I must say I’m impressed with their staying power. There were two roses in the bouquet that died almost immediately, but the rest of them are still going strong.

* * * * * * * * * *

Whilst waiting for the husband to find the adaptor he needed at Canadian Tire the other day, I started looking a the display of seeds they had near the front door. When did seeds get so expensive? Four dollars for this tiny package of seeds is crazy! For three dollars, however, I managed to find a package of seeds for a cat garden.

Yes, I know I tried the cat garden thing before, but that was using potted plants chosen at random from what was left over at the stores. This has four different kinds that are chosen specifically for cats. At least I’ll be able to use the same planter as before, which is good. It looks kind of silly sitting there with just dirt and dead plants in it.

* * * * * * * * * *

The only upside to being unemployed is the chance to go back to school. Going back to school isn’t the problem, picking out what I want to go back to school for is. Do I want to just upgrade my skills to find a job like many I’ve had before, or do I want to try something completely different. I can’t shake the feeling that no matter what I choose it’ll be the wrong choice.

But I’m not being pessimistic, really. ;-)

2 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

Creepy, indeed. When I write horror, I am more jumpy around the house.

On going back to school. What an opportunity! So are you thinking of something in line with writing?

Carol, the cat slave said...

I wish I could take something in the writing line, but unfortunately that's not one of my options. I need to make a decision soon though before my window of opportunity closes!